Experiential Learning Certification Level I
Learning from experience is at the core of performance improvement, learning, and development. In the challenging global environment, the ability to change and to create, acquire, and apply new knowledge has become critical to success. Individuals, teams, and organizations that make learning explicit will build the capacity to adapt and thrive in uncertain times.
The Experiential Learning Certification Program is targeted to practitioners and scholars who wish to deepen their knowledge and practice of Experiential Learning. The program is based on the principles and practices of David Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory, an integrated, holistic, practical system for addressing the learning and development challenges of the 21st Century.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for educators in K-12 and higher education, human resource professionals in OD, coaching and training and development, consultants, and research scholars interested in the application of experiential learning principles in their work
What to expect?
The Experiential Learning Certification Program is a unique small group online learning experience. This eight-week online program includes:
- Eight 90 minute interactive sessions with faculty including David Kolb, PhD, Alice Kolb, PhD, D. Christopher Kayes, PhD, and Kay Peterson, MS. This facilitated small group conversation format is supported by a “flipped classroom” that includes pre-work of presentations, videos, readings, and reflective exercises
- Two individual coaching sessions to build self- awareness and personal effectiveness
- Weekly meeting with learning partners to apply learning and deepen understanding
- Bonus reference materials to extend knowledge
What content is included?
- Experiential Learning: Using the Learning Cycle for Effectiveness in Learning and Life
- Learning Spaces: Creating Learning Spaces in Conversation
- Learning Style: Understanding Preferences to Learn and Grow
- Learning Flexibility: Supporting Adaptability and Change
- Team Learning: Applying Experiential Learning for Team Effectiveness
- Your Educator Role: Educating Around the Learning Cycle
- Experiential Exercises: Designing Effective Experiences
- Deep Learning: Developing Expertise and Sustaining Lifelong Learning
Upon successful completion of each module and attendance in at least six of the eight online programs, individuals will receive an Experiential Learning Certification (Level 1).
For more information about the next offering, please contact Kay Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experiential Learning Certification Level II
The Experiential Learning Certification Program Level II is targeted to practitioners and scholars who wish to deepen their knowledge and practice of Experiential Learning through the application of Experiential Learning principles in their area of practice. This is a customized program that includes support and challenge from an Experiential Learning leader.