Experiential Learning Certification Level I
Learning from experience is at the core of performance improvement, learning, and development. In the challenging global environment, the ability to change and to create, acquire, and apply new knowledge has become critical to success. Individuals, teams, and organizations that make learning explicit will build the capacity to adapt and thrive in uncertain times.
The Experiential Learning Certification Program is targeted to practitioners and scholars who wish to deepen their knowledge and practice of Experiential Learning. The program is based on the principles and practices of David Kolb’s Experiential Learning Theory, an integrated, holistic, practical system for addressing the learning and development challenges of the 21st Century.
Who should attend?
This program is ideal for educators in K-12 and higher education, human resource professionals in OD, coaching and training and development, consultants, and research scholars interested in the application of experiential learning principles in their work
What to expect?
The Experiential Learning Certification Program (Level I Principles) is a unique small group online learning experience designed to support participants’ self-discovery and self-development as an experiential educator using the principles of Experiential Learning. The program design includes a flipped-classroom of asynchronous online content with weekly online interactive discussion groups to deepen understanding. The program also includes weekly meetings with learning partners to apply learning and two individual coaching sessions to build self-awareness and personal effectiveness.
Educators who participate in the program can expect to leave with an understanding of the principles of Experiential Learning that will empower them to accomplish the following:
- To practice using the learning cycle for effectiveness in learning and life
- To create learning spaces that enhance performance, learning, and development
- To examine one’s own learning preferences and recognize others’ preferences
- To build learning flexibility to support adaptability and change
- To apply experiential learning to enhance team effectiveness
- To build capability in four educator roles that promote full cycle learning
- To design and evaluate effective experiential exercises
- To develop expertise and sustain lifelong learning
Details and Important Dates for the upcoming program:
How is the program designed?
- Eight 90 minute interactive sessions. Facilitators for these sessions include: David A. Kolb, PhD, Alice Kolb, PhD, Christopher Kayes, PhD, Angela Passarelli, PhD, Mai Trinh, PhD, Marshall Baker, PhD, and Kay Peterson, MS, MBA.
- Content is delivered via a “flipped classroom” that includes pre-work of presentations, videos, readings, and reflective exercises. Our unique platform supports online experiential learning.
- Two individual coaching sessions to build self- awareness and personal effectiveness
- Weekly meeting with learning partners to apply learning and deepen understanding
- Bonus reference materials to extend knowledge
When is the next program offered?
September-October, 2019. Program pre-work and individual coaching sessions begin on August 27, 2019. At that time, online content including presentations, videos, reading assignments, and pre-work will be available.
Interactive discussion sessions begin on Wednesday, September 6, 2019, from 4:00 -5:30 pm Eastern Time, and continue for 8 weeks through October 23, 2019. Participants must attend 6 of the 8 classes live; sessions are recorded for later viewing.
Program cost- $2250 per person (Early registration until June 15 $2000 per person)
What content is included?
- Experiential Learning: Using the Learning Cycle for Effectiveness in Learning and Life
- Learning Spaces: Creating Learning Spaces in Conversation
- Learning Style: Understanding Preferences to Learn and Grow
- Learning Flexibility: Supporting Adaptability and Change
- Team Learning: Applying Experiential Learning for Team Effectiveness
- Your Educator Role: Educating Around the Learning Cycle
- Experiential Exercises: Designing Effective Experiences
- Deep Learning: Developing Expertise and Sustaining Lifelong Learning
Upon successful completion of each module and attendance in at least six of the eight online programs, individuals will receive an Experiential Learning Certification (Level 1).
For more information about the next offering or to register, please contact Kay Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experiential Learning Certification Level II
The Experiential Learning Certification Program Level II is targeted to practitioners and scholars who wish to deepen their knowledge and practice of Experiential Learning through the application of Experiential Learning principles in their area of practice. This is a customized program that includes support and challenge from an Experiential Learning leader.